141 CRYPT GUARDIAN. A figure in black armor, the Crypt Guardian, is here. The door in the west wall is made of stone and worked into its structure is a huge combination lock with numbers running from 1 to 1000.
Crypt Guardian (AC 0; MV 6”; HD 8; hp 40; #AT 2; D Skull Sword; SA See below; SD See below; MR 50%; XP 1225)
The Crypt Guardian will say “You shall not pass” in a deep hollow voice. It has the following characteristics:
- Immune to mind affecting spells such as sleep, charm, or hold and it cannot be harmed by cold.
- Regenerates 1 hit point per round.
- Can see even in complete or magical darkness to 120'.
- Can be turned as a 'Special' but only outside this room. Cannot be turned in this room and will not voluntarily leave the room.
- Neutral evil alignment.
- Armed with the Skull Sword, a black long sword with a skull design on its pommel.
- Wears black plate mail armor. Its great helm is worked to resemble a skull.
- Uses the Skull Shield, a black magic normal-sized shield whose shield face resembles a skull. The combination to the lock 123-789-456 is inscribed on the back of the shield.
- If defeated, and the armor is opened, there is not actually anything inside.
The secret door to the south is a sliding door type, activated from either side by pushing on a stone in the wall.