Saturday, March 31, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 80 LAIR OF THREE FACE.

80 LAIR OF THREE FACE. Three large bubbling cauldrons stink the room with sulphorous odors. A three headed giant dips dead vat men into the soup via pulley by ropes to the ankle.

Aberrant Vat Man (AC 6; MV 8”; HD 8+2; hp 39; #AT 1; D Big hammer for 1d10 + 6 due to strength; SA Never Surprise, confusion; XP 1468)

This giant cannibal captures other vat men for its food. One head is crying, one is laughing, and one is scowling. The result of this is that it is so loud it cannot surprise. Any intelligent creature that hears this sound must save vs spells or be confused.

Die Roll
Action
01-10
Wander away for 1 turn
11-60
Stand confused for 3-12 rounds
61-80
Attack nearest creature for 3-12 rounds
81-00
Attack Vat Man for 3-12 rounds

The giant keeps his treasure in a huge yellow metal cabinet with a red fire symbol on its front:

  • 3542 gold crescents in glass jugs
  • 2 unlabeled potions of growth (green, odorless, tasteless)
  • 6 unlabeled potions of poison (clear, sickly sweet smell, acidic taste)
  • 6 bloodstones (200 gold crescents each)

Friday, March 30, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 79 DINING HALL.

79 DINING HALL. Twenty blank faced Triskelion vat men are sitting at dining tables and eating in unison. Their movements are synchronized and identical as they eat soup and eat bread.

20 Blank Faced Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D 1-3; XP 77 each)

If attacked, they will defend themselves with serving knives. Their food is spicy blue soup and manna loaves from Room 73. They drink blue milk that taste chalky. Giant faucets in the wall dispense blue soup and blue milk instead of water.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL LEVEL FOUR 78 JANITORIAL CLOSET.

78 JANITORIAL CLOSET. Contains brooms, mops, and buckets. A homunculous was mistakenly born from Room 76 and has been living here.

Homunculous (AC 6; MV 6”/18”; HD 2; hp 15; #AT 1 bite; D 1-3; SA Bite causes sleep; SA Saves at level of its creator; XP 111)

It will imprint on and adopt the first non-vat creature it sees as its 'creator'.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 77 DISPOSAL ROOM.

77 DISPOSAL ROOM. The blank faced Triskelions bring inorganic items they find in the corridors of this level to this room. As a result, it is filled with broken weapons, shattered glass, burnt out torches, and the following useful items:

42 iron spikes
575 feet of rope in 14 segments of irregular length
3 hooded lanterns
1213 copper pieces
326 silver spanners
213 gold crescents
A permanently invisible suit of man-sized plate mail armor +2
11 arrows +2 in an ornamented quiver with silver decoration (125 gold crescents value)

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 76 VAT CHAMBER.

76 VAT CHAMBER. There are twelve warm humming vats here, shaped like caskets and equipped with lids. Throbbing pipes extend from the vats into the wall and floor. The vats hold goopy vat media and each has a 75% chance of holding a developing vat man, roll % dice to determine degree of development. Vat men under 50% developed die immediately on exposure. Those at 51 to 95% developed will perish unless the lid is closed again within 1 round. Those at 96% or higher are capable of independent existence.

This room supplies the blank faced Triskelions that perform maintenance and acted as janitors.

Monday, March 26, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 75 VAT MAN DORMITORY.

75 VAT MAN DORMITORY. This room holds forty white pillars. These are really hollow tubes that hold blank faced vat men for their sleeping cycle. 50% will hold a vat man at any one time, and there is a 5% chance per turn that one will emerge from the cell through an oval opening.

Blank Faced Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 35 + 3/hp)

These vat men will be unarmed.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 74 WORK ROOM.

74 WORK ROOM. At any one time, 1d6+6 blank faced Triskelion vat men will be here.

Blank Faced Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; #AT 1; D See below; XP 35 + 3/hp)

They will be working on repairs to the dungeon level, such as fixing ceilings panels, making new wooden doors, etc. Each has a tool such as a hammer or crowbar, that will do 1d4 damage if used as a weapon. The Triskelions will not attack unless attacked first.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 73 MANNA MACHINE ROOM.

73 MANNA MACHINE ROOM. A white cabinet is against the wall, about six feet high by four feet wide and four feet deep. It is warm to the touch and a white cord connects it to the wall.

The cabinet holds loaves of bread-like food made from gelled vat media and artificial flavors. It will replenish the stock gradually to account for any taken.

Friday, March 23, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 72 STORAGE ROOM.

72 STORAGE ROOM. This room holds masonry and carpentry tools and supplies, along with planks of lumber.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 71 MEDICAL WASTE.

71 MEDICAL WASTE. This room holds seventeen large red bags leaking foul smelling mottled red-greenish fluid.

If opened, the bags are found to contain rotting human (or human-appearing) organs such as liver, heart, etc. and rot grubs.

106 Rot Grubs (AC 9; MV 1”; HD 1 hit point; hp 1 each; #AT 0; D Nil; SA Burrow into flesh; XP -)

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 70 DINING HALL.

70 DINING HALL. 9 scowling Triskelions are eating here. Their servers are 3 crying Triskelion slaves. 4 more crying Triskelions are being forced to act as the table legs, as it is really just a long board. This causes the table to shift and wobble continously and elicites screams and verbal abuse from the dining scowling Triskelions.

9 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 77 each)

7 Crying Triskelions (AC 6; MV 3" (normally 12"); HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Pick (as military pick); XP 77 each)

Each Scowling Triskelion has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch. The settings on the table include 12 gold plates worth 100 gold crescents each.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 69 SLAVE PIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT.

69 SLAVE PIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT. There are 8 scowling Triskelions, 5 crying Triskelions, and 1 laughing Triskelion here.

8 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 77 each)

5 Crying Triskelions (AC 6; MV 3" (normally 12"); HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Pick (as military pick); XP 77 each)

Laughing Triskelion (AC 6 (8); MV 3" (normally 12"); HD 3; hp 14 #AT 1; D Pick (as military pick); SA Berserk, never surprise; XP 77)

Each Scowling Triskelion has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch. The crying Triskelions and the laughing Triskelion are in ankle chains, restricting their move to 3". The crying and laughing Triskelions are digging holes in the floor for slave pits while the crying Triskelions look on. The scowling Triskelions have told the laughing Triskelion that it is a game to find a prize at the bottom, so he is working harder than anyone and is completely fooled.

Monday, March 19, 2018

NEW MONSTER: TOXIC HARLEQUIN

TOXIC HARLEQUIN

FREQUENCY: Rare
NO. APPEARING: 1-4
ARMOR CLASS: See below
MOVE: 15”
HIT DICE: 4 (20 hit points)
% IN LAIR: 30%
TREASURE TYPE: See below
NO. OF ATTACKS: 1
DAMAGE/ ATTACK: By weapon
SPECIAL ATTACKS: See below
SPECIAL DEFENSES: See below
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 55%
SAVE: Thief 4
INTELLIGENCE: Very
MORALE: 65%
ALIGNMENT: See below
SIZE: M
PSIONIC ABILITY: Nil
LEVEL/ X.P. VALUE: V/ 380

These bizarre creatures are created in a vat, much like a homunculous, and will generally possess the same alignment as their creator. However, they will never be of lawful or good alignment, for they are of a dishonest and thief-like nature. In situations such as this they will adopt the following alignment: lawful good, neutral good, or lawful neutral creator – neutral; chaotic good creator – chaotic neutral, lawful evil creator – neutral evil.

They have all the powers of a fourth level human thief of 16 dexterity, including the backstab ability. Because of this dexterity, their base armor class is 8, and they always use weapons and armor allowable to a thief. 30% of the time they will have a magic weapon. Similarly there is a 25% of magic armor, and 20% of the time they will have a magic item usable by thieves.

Description: The toxic harlequin has no mouth and it is even possible that it does not need to breathe or eat. Certainly noone has even seen it do any of these things. It is unable to talk, although it understands its creator's words well enough and can mysteriously communicate with its own kind and other vat-creatures. One half of the body is brilliant red, while the opposite is pale as snow. They decorate their armor and clothing in weird, but festive, ways.

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 68 VAT CONTROL CENTER.

68 VAT CONTROL CENTER. The walls are lined with metal machinery. In the center of the room is a smooth white metallic dome with pipes and wires sticking out of it going to the floor and ceiling. Next to the dome is a metal box about the size of a lunchbox on a four foot high pole. It has a slot to accept the cards from Rooms 44, 53, and 67.

Placing a card within the slot reader will cause the metal dome machine to begin creating a vat creature specified on the card. The pipes will start pulsing and throbbing as they feed in vat media and electrical surges. After about a turn, the dome will split revealing the vat creature. For creatures whose statistics depend on their creator, the creator is the person who placed the card in the slot. Explanations given are based on the assumption that the creator adopts the vat creature.


1d20
Vat Creature
1
Blank Faced Triskelion
2-3
Cellar Dweller
4-7
Crying Triskelion
8
Homunculous
9-12
Laughing Triskelion
13-14
1d4 Stage I Creepers
15-18
Scowling Triskelion
19
Toxic Harlequin
20
Special

Blank Faced Triskelion
Blank Faced Triskelion (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 35 + 3/hp)
This Triskelion vat man is an abberant type. There is a 50% chance it will adopt one of the three types (roll 1d6; 1-2 = crying, 3-4 = laughing, 5-6 = scowling). There is a 25% chance it will weaken and die in 1d4 days, and there is a 25% chance it will pick its own emotional state (creating player may choose).

Cellar Dweller (AC 6; MV 9”; HD 2; hp ; #AT 2 claws; D 1-4/1-4; SA Ink; XP 28 + 2/hp)
There is a 75% chance the cellar dweller will act slavishly loyal towards it creator and a 25% chance it will feel resentful of its appearance and attack in 1d4 weeks.

Crying Triskelion
Crying Triskelion (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 35 + 3/hp)
Will follow its creator if asked to, but will ask to join any group of crying Triskelions it meets. If armed, will only accept a staff.

Homunculous
Homunculous (AC 6; MV 6”/18”; HD 2; #AT 1 bite; D 1-3; SA Bite causes sleep; SA Saves at level of its creator; XP 81 + 2/hp)
Acts a typical for a homunculous. Loyal to creator.

Laughing Triskelion
Laughing Triskelion (AC 6 (8); MV 12"; HD 3; #AT 1; D By weapon type; SA Berserk, never surprise; XP 35 + 3/hp)
Will fight for its creator if given a sword.

Scowling Triskelion
Scowling Triskelion (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 35 + 3/hp)
Surly. Will abandon party to join a grup of scowling Triskelions. Will fight for party until then if given a nine-tailed whip.

Stage I Creepers (AC 7; MV 6”//9”; HD 1; #AT 2 claws and 1 bite; D 1-3/1-3/1-4; XP 10 + 1/hp)
90% chance they will attack immediately. 10% chance they will leave without fighting unless attacking.

Toxic Harlequin (AC 8; MV 15"; HD 4; hp 20; #AT 1; D By weapon type; MR 55%; XP 380)
Will join party if given a weapon and full share of treasure.

Special
1d4 Vat Creature

1
Triskelion War Dog
2
Gelatinous Cube
3
Horrid Mistake
4
DM Invention

Triskelion War Dog
Roll 1d6 (1-2=Crying war Dog, 3-4= Laughing War Dog; 5-6= Scowling war Dog
Crying and Scowling Triskelion Dog Vat Creatures (AC 6; MV 15"; HD 2+2; #AT 1 bite; D 1-6; XP 35 + 3/hp)
Laughing Triskelion Dog Vat Creature (AC 6 (8); MV 15"; HD 2+2; #AT 1 bite; D 1-6; SA Berserk, never surprise; XP 35 + 3/hp)
The body is pink and hairless and the jaw is extra long to allow for a bite with sharp teeth. All types can talk, but they prefer to yell swear words (or sob quietly if a crying type).

Gelatinous Cube
Vat Spawned Gelatinous Cube (AC 8; MV 6”; HD 4; #AT 1; D 2-8; SA Paralyzation, surprise on 1-3; SD Immunity to some attacks; XP 150 + 4/hp)

Horrid Mistake
What crawls forth is horribly altered or came out too soon. It is either a mess of slimy tissue or an amalgamation of mismatched body parts. It crawls forth, whisphers 'Rosebud', and dies.

DM Invention
Reskin an already existing Level Four or Five monster with a Triskelion vat creature face.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 67 POOL ROOM.

67 POOL ROOM. The pool is full of dirty water because its pipes are clogged. The statue in the center is a fat little winged boy wearing a real golden crown.

The pool is four feet deep and the bottom has a layer of green slime.

Green Slime (AC 8; MV 0”; HD 6; hp 30; #AT 1 (drip); D Turn to slime in 1-4 rounds; SA Corrosive properties; XP 920)

The crown on the statue is sized for an infant and worth 200 gold crescents. There is a secret compartment in the statue's butt. The hatch will open if the belly button is pushed. Inside are four small moonstones (300 gold crescents each) and four metal cards that will fit the machine in Room 68.

Saturday, March 17, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 66 POOL ROOM.

66 POOL ROOM. The pool is full of clear sparkling water and is four feet deep. A soft hum emanates from it as the water is pulled out and pumped in through hidden pipes.

Friday, March 16, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 65 BROKEN MANNA MACHINE ROOM.

65 BROKEN MANNA MACHINE ROOM. A white cabinet is against the wall, about six feet high by four feet wide and four feet deep. It is room temperature and a white cord connects it to the wall.

The door of the cabinet opens on an empty set of shelves. If the manna machine were working these would be filled with loaves of bread-like food made from gelled vat media and artificial flavors.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 64 CONSTRUCTION PROJECT.

64 CONSTRUCTION PROJECT. The passage is worked stone, not the tiled floor and smooth white walls of the rest of the level. Five crying Triskelion slaves are working to expand the construction here, supervised by two scowling Triskelion overseers.

2 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 77 each)

5 Crying Triskelions (AC 6; MV 3" (normally 12"); HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Pick (as military pick); XP 77 each)

Each Scowling Triskelion has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch. The crying Triskelions are in ankle chains, restricting their move to 3".

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 63 STORAGE ROOM.

63 STORAGE ROOM. 2 Scowling Triskelions are here, but they are not so much guarding the room as overseeing 4 crying Triskelions who are polishing weapons.

2 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 77 each)

4 Crying Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 77 each)

Each Scowling Triskelion has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch. The crying Triskelions are not armed.

The room holds many weapons, neatly laid out in racks and sparkling clean: 34 quarter staves, 6 short swords, 7 broad swords, 12 long swords, and 3 bastard swords.

The food items here are mostly grain and salted fish and meat in crates. There is enough food piled here to feed 100 men for two months.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 62 CELL BLOCK.

62 CELL BLOCK. 3 Scowling Triskelions and 2 weird dog-like vat creatures are here.

3 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 19, 14, 14; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 92, 77, 77)

Each has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch. The toughest carries the keys to the cells in this room and a gold headband with a 3-legged Triskelion design on the forehead (250 gold crescent value).

2 Scowling Triskelion Dog Vat Creatures (AC 6; MV 15"; HD 2+2; hp 11 each; #AT 1 bite; D 1-6; XP 68 each)

These beasts have the body of a hairless pink dog and the face of a scowling Triskelion, except with a distorted elongated mouth full of needle-like teeth. They can talk as well but generally only scream insults and obscenities.

Cell A. An ogre.

Biggers (AC 5; MV 9”; HD 4+1; hp 22; #AT 1; D By weapon type +2 to damage due to strength; XP 200)

Biggers was separated from the other ogres and the scowling Triskelions have found him quite useful. He can be motivated to work for food. He wears wrist and ankle chains and has an iron mask worked into the shape of a scowling Triskelion. If freed, roll a normal reaction roll to determine how he reacts. Any modified roll of between 05 and 76 means he will try to run away. If bargained with before being released, he can be persuaded to fight but can only be relied upon for one or two combats before he tries to get away.

Cell B. 3 Laughing Triskelions (AC 6 (8); MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D By weapon type; SA Berserk, never surprise; XP 77 each)

Each has a spoon and they are trying to slowly dig their way out. They have made very little progress but don't seem discouraged.

Cell C. One human captive

Samantha Vengah, Neutral female half elf Fighter/Thief (AC 8; MV 12”; F4/T5; hp 21); #AT 1; D By Weapon Type; S 13, I 14, W 9, D 16, C 15, Ch 15; XP 351)

Thief skills: PP 60%, OL 47% F/RT 40% MS 40% HS 36% HN 20% CW 90% RL 25%

Samantha is a member of the same ill-fated party as Emilion in Room 61 and will be happy to see him again, as she has been told he is dead.

Cell D. 18 Crying Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 77 each)

This is where the scowling Triskelions keep most of the crying Triskleion slaves when they are not engaged in work. This group is manageable by the scowling ones, quite cowed and will not give trouble. It will take some effort to get them to fight against the scowling Triskelions but it is certainly possible.

Cell E. One dead man.

The body is that of a man in young middle age. He appears to have been starved to death. On his skin is a magic tattoo of a moving blue-green seahorse. If someone touches the body with their bare skin, it will 'swim' to their skin surface.

The bearer receives benefits as a ring of protection +1. In addition they can breathe water and swim at 36" by wiggling their butt. The seahorse can travel from one person to another by skin contact, if it desires.

Monday, March 12, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 61 CELL BLOCK.

61 CELL BLOCK. Four scowling Triskelions are here.

4 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 77 each)

Each has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch.

The scowling Triskelions do not have keys to the cells. None of the prisoners are armed. If killed out-of-hand and defenseless they are worthy no XP value.

Cell A. 13 Crying Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 77 each)

These vat men are nearly catatonic with despair and the scowling Triskelions can't get them to work, even with kicks. They have been left to die here and will starve to death eventually. If rescued, great effort must be made to even get them up and moving out of the cell.

Cell B. 5 Crying Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 10 each (14 each); #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 65 each (77 each))

These have some spirit and the scowling Triskelions regard them as trouble. They have been beaten. Stats in parenthesis are their healthy stats. If rescued they will fight scowling Triskelions.

Cell C. 2 Laughing Triskelions (AC 6 (8); MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D By weapon type; SA Berserk, never surprise; XP 77 each)

The scowling Triskelions are planning to tear these two apart to see if they will ever stop laughing. They will only fight for rescuers if their sense of humor is appealed to.

Cell D. One human captive

Emilion Vaparzzi, Neutral Good male human Fighter (AC 9; MV 12"; F4; hp 13 (19); #AT 1; D By Weapon Type +1 to damage due to strength; S 17, I 7, W 7, D 15, C 16, Ch 14; XP 155 (185))

Emilion's adventuring party was killed at the same time he was captured, except for Samantha in Room 62 Cell C. The scowling Triskelions have told each of them that they have tortured the other to death, just for the sake of cruelty. Emilion is in wrist and ankle chains as well as being locked in his cell, since he has tried to escape multiple times and been beaten severely. He will gladly fight against the scowling Triskelions if released and armed.

Sunday, March 11, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 60 HUMILIATION STATION.

60 HUMILIATION STATION. Five scowling Triskelions are here, but it is not obvious what type they are since they wear white paper masks covering the bottom of their faces.

5 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 77 each)

Each has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch.

The floors are equipped with drains and there are hoses in the walls with cold water faucets. A table holds razors and whetstones. The scowling Triskelions use this room to shave and wash down prisoners. They will say that it is intended to remove parasites but they really do it to mortify their captives.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 59 THE BRUTE SQUAD.

59 THE BRUTE SQUAD. Three scowling Triskelions are here. One is unusually muscular, tall, and angry. The other two are unusually puny.

Brute Scowling Trisklelion(AC 6; MV 12"; HD 6; hp 28; #AT 1; D Big Nine-tailed whip (as footman's flail) +3 to damage due to strength; SA Trip; XP 393)

2 Sickly Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 10 each; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 65 each)

The brute is skilled with his whip. In addition to doing damage as a footman's flail, any medium or small sized adventurer struck by it must make a saving throw vs paralyzation or be tripped to the ground by the tendrils of the whip on the legs. The brute has 365 gold crescents, and a set of keys which fit the cells in Room 61. His headgear is steel and gold, decorated like a screaming face, and wraps around his chin. It is worth 200 gold crescents. Each of the other Triskelions has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch.

Friday, March 9, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 58 GUARD ROOM.

58 GUARD ROOM. Four scowling Triskelions are here.

4 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 14 each; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 77 each)

Each has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch.

Thursday, March 8, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 57 COMBAT CHAMBER.

57 COMBAT CHAMBER. This spacious room has a white stone floor. The ceiling is twenty five feet high. Drains are in each corner. Along one wall is a raised area with a throne made of pieces of rock. The walls are decorated with murals of Triskelion vat men fighting one another.

This room is frequently used by Triskelion vat men to fight another, and it also attracts other monsters. Encounters are four times as likely when this room is being explored.

The raised dais is five feet higher than the rest of the floor. The throne is actually very comfortable. There are secret compartments. A foot rest pops out, when a hidden stud is pressed under the right arm rest. Hidden in the back is a secret compartment that opens when a hidden stud is pressed under the left arm rest. It holds a robe made of cloth-of-gold (300 gold crescents value) and a silver mask stylized with the bearded face of a man (130 gold crescents value).

Under the seat, a hidden drawer can be pulled from the left side. Inside are a golden cup and five small golden trophies. The golden cup appears to be worth 450 gold crescents but is magic. If placed upright it will fill with delicious red wine, a neverending supply. This wine is 80% likely to cure poisoning, even those induced by monsters (for example, giant spider bite). Thee trophies are each worth 10 gold crescents.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 56 TERMINATION ROOM.

56 TERMINATION ROOM. Three black pillars are here. If approached, an oval door will open in the side, tall enough for a man to walk inside the hollow pillar. Once a person has walked inside the door will close and a shower of acidic goo will rain down. Anyone inside will take 40 points if damage, half if a save vs dragon breath is made. Characters whose hit points drop below 0 will liquefy and drain through tiny grates in the floor of the compartment, to be made into vat media. The compartment door will not open again unless approached by another character.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 55 TREATMENT ROOM.

55 TREATMENT ROOM. Three white pillars are here. If approached, an oval door will open in the side, tall enough for a man to walk inside the hollow pillar. Once a person has walked inside the door will close and a needle will descend from the room of the small compartment into the skull of the occupant. The needle can not piece metal helmets or any type of magic protective headwear. This needle will release powerful painkillers and nutrient solutions into the brain. This treatment is safe and efficacious for vat creatures who will be healed 1d6+6 hit points per treatment, but not intended for normal animals due to physiological differences. Any characters attempting the cure must roll on the following table.

1d12
Result
1
No Healing, no effect
2
Healed 1d4 hit points
3-4
Healed 1d4+4 hit points
5-7
Healed 1d6+6 hit points
8
Healed 1d4+4 hit points but paralyzed 1d10 turns
9
Healed 1d4 hit points but become addicted to painkillers in needle. Will feel compelled to return once every twenty four hours for another dose, as if under the compulsion of a geas. A cure disease spell will counteract this addiction, but the character will never again be able to take this treatment, or they will immediately fall again under the effect of the drug.
10
Brain bleed, take 1d4 damage and lose 1d4 points of intelligence. Lost points of intelligence will be recovered at the rate of 1 per week.
11
Character will believe him or herself to be a Triskelion vat man. (Roll 1d6 1-2 = crying, 3-4 = laughing, 5-6 = scowling)
12
Brain boost. Character will gain 1d4 points of intelligence. These will be lost at the rate of 1 per week until normal intelligence.

Treatments are intended to be attempted once in a twenty four hour period. If another treatment is made in that period, roll as usual, but treat rolls of 2 to 7 as "1 No Healing, no effect". After any treatment is concluded the compartment automatically reopens its door to allow egress.

Monday, March 5, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 54 ART THERAPY.

54 ART THERAPY. Dozens of man-sized clay statues are here, most of them are studies of Triskelion vat men. Benches and tables line the walls with hundreds of pounds of clay, faucets for water, and sculpting tools.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

MIDDLE DUNGEONS LEVEL FOUR 53 TRAPPED ROOM.

53 TRAPPED ROOM. Five scowling Triskelions are here, but they won't advance to attack at the door because of the ten foot deep covered pit, which is adorned with spikes at its bottom (2d6 damage).

5 Scowling Triskelions (AC 6; MV 12"; HD 3; hp 22, 14, 14, 14, 14; #AT 1; D Nine-tailed whip (as horseman's flail); XP 101, 77, 77, 77, 77)

Each has 2d4 gold crescents in a pouch. The toughest one also wears a necklace which has an odd platinum rectangular medallion punched with holes irregularly on its surface. It is worth 400 gold crescents and is actually a card meant to be used on the card reader in Room 68.