Thursday, December 24, 2015


59 LOUNGE. This large room holds 1d3+2 Black Tooth gnolls and 1d3+2 Yellow Fang gnolls. They use this room for recreational purposes to compete and show each other up.

Black Tooth Gnolls (AC 5; MV 9”; HD 2; hp 9, 9, 13, 12, 8; #AT 1; D By weapon type +1 to damage due to strength; XP 38, 38, 46, 44, 36)

Yellow Fang Gnolls (AC 5; MV 9”; HD 2; hp 10, 8, 9, 12, 10; #AT 1; D By weapon type +1 to damage due to strength; XP 40, 36, 38, 44, 40)

Black Tooth gnolls have applied a black substance to their teeth for beauty purposes. Yellow Fang gnolls wear a yellow skull cap and yellow vest. Each gnoll has 0-9 (1d10-1) gold crescents, 0-22 (2d12-2) silver spanners, and 0-22 (2d12-2) copper pieces. They will each carry a broad sword and one second weapon: 30% chance of battle axe, 30% chance of morning star, and 40% chance of a glaive-guisarme.

When the party enters they will be engaged in one of the following relaxing activities:

Betting on giant rat races
Betting on gnome races
Comparing teeth collections
Doing nuthin'
Drinking beer
Painting the walls
Playing shuffleboard
Practicing their fighting moves
Smoking cigars
Snacking on fried rat skin
Telling stories about their exploits
Using small hammers to crack snail shells, then eating said snails

Betting on giant rats:
4 Giant Rats (AC 7; MV 12"//6"; HD 3 each; hp ; #AT 1 bite; D 1-3; SA Disease; XP 10 each)

Each giant rat will be wearing a yellow, black, orange, or brown harness. They are trained to run fast from one side of the room to the other.

Betting on gnomes:
4 Gnomes (AC 6; MV 6”; HD 1; hp 7 each; #AT 1; D By weapon type; XP 17 each)

Each gnome will be wearing a yellow, black, orange, or brown smock. These are slaves and have no weapons. There is a 50% chance that they are lawful good surface dwellers and a 50% chance they are chaotic evil gnomes from elsewhere in the dungeon.

Comparing teeth collections:
The teeth have no intrinsic value

Doing nuthin':
The gnolls are sitting around on couches. They have an extra 1 in 6 chance to be surprised since they are not being careful.

Drinking beer:
They have opened a keg the purchased from the hobgoblins on this level. They are drinking from wooden cups. The beer is almost gone but the gnolls have a high tolerance and are not inebriated.

Painting the walls:
The gnolls are busy painting scenes of dungeon life on the walls. They use a lot of yellows, blacks, browns, and especially red (for blood spilled). Their art skills are awful and the paintbrushes are in poor shape.

Playing shuffleboard:
Replace the gnolls' weapons with sharp shuffleboard sticks, which should be treated as military forks.

Practicing their fighting moves:
The gnolls are already up with their weapons ready. They are 1 in 6 less likely to be surprised.

Smoking cigars:
The gnolls bought these cigars from the hobgoblins. They are low quality and the smoke causes everyone in the room (gnolls included) to attack at -2 on “to hit” rolls and make saves at -2. The gnolls will continue to smoke as they fight.

Snacking on fried rat skin:
A gnollish delicacy.

Telling stories about their exploits:
This will make them feel more powerful and be more aggressive. Deduct 10% from reaction rolls (page 63 of the Dungeon Master's Guide),

Cracking snail shells:
Another gnollish delicacy. The hammers are not big enough to be used as effective weapons.

The room is supplied with several dirty and worn couches. Paints are piled in the southwest corner and the shuffleboard equipment is usually kept in the southeast corner. The gnolls keep this room lit with large oil lamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment